Orange County offers numerous ways to stay fit and healthy. Everyone has the chance to participate in sports related activities year round because of the favorable weather. Both amateur and professional athletes love every aspect of their chosen sport. Any type of injury or ailment can keep the player away from the game, sports training, or healthy activity.
Adding to the injury is the overwhelming task of finding one of the best sports medicine doctors to help restore the player to optimal health.
The best way to start searching for sports medicine doctors is through referrals. Start by compiling a list from a variety of sources.
- Consult the primary care physician.
- Call the medical insurance representative to ensure which sports medicine doctors are within the health coverage network.
- Consult with others within the peer network including teammates, coaches, friends, and family members.
- Search online reviews. Numerous sites are dedicated to effectively helping find the best sports medicine doctors within a specific geographical area.
- Contact or search the American Medical Association and the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons websites to find top rated sports medicine doctors.
Factors to Consider
After compiling the list of the area’s sports medicine doctors, consider specific key factors to narrow down the search.
- Availability: Every sports participant expects minor aches and pains as part of the training or game. After an injury, the pain factor may increase significantly. Waiting to see a doctor is not an attractive option. An injured player will want to see a doctor immediately.
- Addresses Concerns: Bedside manner is critical to the overall care of the potential patient. The best doctor will give individualized care from the first consultation appointment through the entire treatment process. The doctor will start by taking the time to address all concerns and answer questions in a way to make the patient feel at ease with the choice of care. If a patient does not feel comfortable, a second opinion should be sought immediately.
- Accurate Diagnosis: The best doctors will strive to give an accurate diagnosis as the basis to plan a course of treatment. The diagnosis will be figured from a full medical background, physical examination, and various testing procedures.
- Non-surgical Techniques: Another component of a quality doctor is the use of minimally invasive procedures. Unless the injury is too severe, non-surgical options should be part of the treatment care plan including physical therapy, rest, prescription drugs, steroid injections, and bracing for support.
- Surgical Options: Arthroscopic Surgery is performed by making small incisions as a means to insert small medical instruments and repair the damage. The procedure minimizes the recovery time to allow the patient to return to the sport as soon as possible.
Best Sports Medicine Doctor in Orange County, CA
In Orange County, Dr. Howard Marans will explore all medical means to give his patients the best care for optimal results. For over 33 years, Dr. Marans has maintained a successful practice treating sports medicine in Orange County. Dr. Marans strives to rehabilitate sports injuries using the most effective and cost-efficient means available in the medical industry. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 714.979.8981.