When your wrist pain has intensified to the point of disrupting the performance of your normal daily tasks, you must seek out a doctor. Dr. Howard Marans – founder of OC Orthopedic located in Fountain Valley, CA – recommends seeking immediate treatment for persistent wrist pain. When wrist pain is chronic, delaying treatment may cause the forming of scar tissue and lead to radiating pain in your hand, arm, and shoulder.
Wrist Pain Doctor in Fountain Valley, CA
As a top wrist pain doctor in Fountain Valley, CA, Dr. Marans has the education and clinical experience to accurately diagnose and treat the underlying cause of your wrist pain.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
Common causes of wrist pain:
- Everyday wear and tear and/or overuse of the hands and wrists
- The natural aging process
- Sports-related injuries
- Common medical conditions
- Connects the bones of the hand to the forearm
- Is a complex of eight small bones
- Is controlled by a complex set of tendons, ligaments, muscles, and nerves
Symptoms of Wrist Pain
- Hot Sensation
- Cold Sensation
- Finger Pain
Common Medical Conditions Resulting in Wrist Pain
After a thorough physical examination and diagnostic imaging, an accurate cause of the underlying medical problem will be rendered by Dr. Marans.
Some common medical conditions causing wrist pain are:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Sprain
- Wrist and Hand Fractures
- Finger Fractures
- Nerve Damage
OC Orthopedics offers:
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
As a leading wrist specialist in Southern California, Dr. Howard Marans offers all-encompassing orthopedic wrist diagnosis and surgical treatment.
Wrist Pain Treatment Protocol
An experienced wrist specialist begins for a precise diagnosis of the cause of pain.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
Top Wrist Doctor in Fountain Valley, CA
OC Orthopedic is a leader in wrist care. We provide every patient with an individualized treatment plan. Each patient is unique and their special needs and concerns must be incorporated into treatment. Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care.
Our mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner. Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans, please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.