Your shoulders are a complex joint that takes on the responsibility for the movement of your arms. It has the widest range of motion compared to other joints in the body. Because of this wide range of motion capability, the shoulder has a tendency to be less stable than other joints. Athletes are at an elevated risk of a shoulder injury because of repetitive motion and weight borne on the shoulders during sports.
Other Causes of Shoulder Injuries
- Occupations requiring heavy objects overhead
- Car accidents
- Other trauma
When physical therapy or other conservative treatment fails, Dr. Howard Marans offers top rank surgery to correct the problem. Treatment of severe injuries to your shoulder can involve a wide range of surgery techniques.
- Tendon tear repairs
- Ligament tear repairs
- Open reduction and internal fixation on broken bones
Potential Shoulder Injuries and Conditions
- Rotator Cuff Tears
Shoulder Surgery Options
When the Doctor deems it is necessary to operate, he will recommend either:
When shoulder injuries are treated with minimally invasive arthroscopy surgery, the Doctor is able to view and treat the joint by inserting a tiny camera.
- Outpatient procedure – patient can return home same day
- Tiny incisions are made to insert the camera and tools into the joint
- No large incision is required
Top Rank Shoulder Surgeon in Santa Ana
As a top rank shoulder surgeon in Santa Ana, CA, Dr. Marans has the education and clinical experience to correct your injury.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
OC Orthopedics offers:
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Shoulder Surgery Protocol
An experienced shoulder surgeon begins with a precise diagnosis.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
- Non-surgical therapies
- Surgical remedies
Premier Shoulder Surgery in Santa Ana, CA
OC Orthopedic provides premier shoulder surgery. Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care and rehabilitation post-surgery.
The Doctor’s mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner. Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans, please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.