If you are suffering from arthritis, it is often in your best interest to avoid surgery, if possible. In many cases, a non-surgical approach such as physical therapy will avoid the need for surgery. As a top rated treatment provider in Santa Ana, CA, Dr. Howard Marans typically takes a non-surgical approach to treating arthritis.
In many cases, a non-surgical approach to treatment can delay the need for a complete joint replacement. In other cases, to restore function and control symptoms, it may be necessary to operate on a joint affected with arthritis.
When developing an arthritis treatment plan, Dr. Marans considers the individual needs and desired outcomes of his patients.
Top Rated Arthritis Treatment Plan
Physical therapy and exercise. Initially, the Doctor may send you to physical therapy until you are comfortable doing the exercises on your own at home. This helps you establish a routine. The physical therapist can monitor your progress and suggest adjustments to your exercise plan if pain persists.
Recommendation to lose weight. Being overweight puts extra stress on your joints. This can worsen your osteoarthritis symptoms. If you are obese, you may be able to reduce your symptoms by losing as little as 10% of your body weight.
Taking NSAIDs to relieve pain. The Doctor may recommend that you take over-the-counter non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to relieve pain-causing inflammation. It is important to follow the recommended dosage and take as needed. NSAIDs can increase your risk of developing a stomach ulcer or abnormal bleeding.
Lifestyle changes. While you may not be able to fully prevent osteoarthritis, you can prevent flare-ups of your symptoms by making a few changes in your lifestyle, including:
- Dietary changes
- Avoiding activities that promote stress on your joints
- Maintaining proper body alignment
Top Rated Arthritis Treatment
As a top rated arthritis treatment provider in Santa Ana, CA, Dr. Marans has the education and clinical experience to correct your injury or physical condition.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Top Rated Arthritis Doctor
Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care and rehabilitation post-surgery. The Doctor’s mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner.
Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
Schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans in his new Santa Ana, CA location. Please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.