Knee Specialist – Dr. Howard Marans – treats all patients in a professional and timely manner. Damage to any of the structures of the knee pain causes – from mild to severe. Dr. Marans will compile your activity level when he completes his physical examination and performs diagnostic testing to determine the root cause of your knee pain. Then, the Doctor will design a customized treatment plan to alleviate your symptoms in the the quickest and most cost-effective way.
Knee Specialist Outcomes
Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
The Knee Specialist
The knee is the principal weight-bearing joint supporting one’s body weight. At OCOrthopedic+ in Santa Ana, patients have easy access to a vast array of knee injury physical therapy treatment modalities.
The knee is susceptible to many injuries/conditions.
- Awkward movements resulting in ACL tears
- Hard falls
- Sudden twists or pivots
- Excessive force or blows
- Overuse or repetitive motion
- Inflammatory conditions and degenerative conditions
Common knee injuries/conditions
- Arthritis in the knee
- Dislocated kneecap
- Bursitis in the knee
- Knee ligament injuries
- Meniscus tears
- Runner’s knee
- Knee fractures
Knee symptoms vary based on the degree of injury or stage of medical condition.
- Pain is first indicator of injury or disease (degenerative condition)
- Pain is a red flag when it does not subside over time
- Simple knee movements may exacerbate pain
- Knee swelling is indicative of extra pressure on the knee
- Difficulty standing or balancing with full weight
- Redness or tenderness to the touch around the knee cap area
Orthopedic Surgery Protocol
As an experienced orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Marans begins with a precise diagnosis.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
- Non-surgical therapies
Knee Specialist in Santa Ana CA
Orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Howard Marans, has the education and clinical experience to correct your knee injury.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
OC Orthopedics+ Offers:
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans at his cutting-edge Santa Ana, CA location. Please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.