Athletes are at high risk of suffering a shoulder injury. This is because of repetitive motion and weight borne on the shoulders during sporting activities. Your shoulder has a wide-range of motion capability – making it more vulnerable to injury than other joints. Your shoulder is a complex joint that takes on the responsibility for the movement of your arms.
When physical therapy or other conservative treatment fails to heal a shoulder injury, Dr. Howard Marans offers top notch surgery skills to correct the problem. Treatment of severe injuries to your shoulder can involve a wide range of surgery techniques.
- Tendon tear repairs
- Ligament tear repairs
- Broken bones
- Rotator Cuff Tears
Shoulder Surgery Protocol
As a top notch shoulder surgeon, Dr. Marans will begin your shoulder injury treatment with a precise diagnosis.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
- Non-surgical therapies
- Surgical remedies
Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of surgery plan
Shoulder Surgery Options
When the Doctor deems it is necessary to operate, he will recommend either:
Shoulder Arthroscopy Surgery
When a shoulder injury is treated with minimally invasive arthroscopy surgery, the Doctor is able to view and treat the joint by inserting a tiny camera.
- Outpatient procedure – patient can return home same day
- Tiny incisions are made to insert the camera and tools into the joint
- No large incision is required
Dr. Marans – Founder of OCOrthopedics+ in Santa Ana
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment
- Prompt and compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Top Notch Shoulder Injury Doctor
Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care and rehabilitation post-surgery. The Doctor’s mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner.
Schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans in his new Santa Ana, CA location. Please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.