Because the shoulder a wide-range of motion capability, it has a tendency to be less stable than other joints. Your shoulders are a complex joint that takes on the responsibility for the movement of your arms. Athletes are at an elevated risk of a shoulder injury because of repetitive motion and weight borne on the shoulders during sports.
Causes of Shoulder Injury
- Occupations requiring heavy objects overhead
- Car accidents
- Other trauma
When physical therapy or other conservative treatment fails, Dr. Howard Marans offers the best surgery skills to correct the problem. Treatment of severe injuries to your shoulder can involve a wide range of surgery techniques.
- Tendon tear repairs
- Ligament tear repairs
- Open reduction and internal fixation on broken bones
Potential Shoulder Conditions
- Rotator Cuff Tears
Shoulder Surgery Protocol
An experienced shoulder surgeon begins with a precise diagnosis.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
- Non-surgical therapies
- Surgical remedies
Shoulder Surgery Options
When the Doctor deems it is necessary to operate, he will recommend either:
When shoulder injuries are treated with minimally invasive arthroscopy surgery, the Doctor is able to view and treat the joint by inserting a tiny camera.
- Outpatient procedure – patient can return home same day
- Tiny incisions are made to insert the camera and tools into the joint
- No large incision is required
Top Shoulder Surgery in Santa Ana
As the top arthritis treatment provider in Santa Ana, CA, Dr. Marans has the education and clinical experience to correct your injury or physical condition.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care and rehabilitation post-surgery. The Doctor’s mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner.
Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
Schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans in his new Santa Ana, CA location. Please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.