When physical therapy or other conservative treatment fails to heal ankle injuries, Dr. Howard Marans provides stellar surgery skills to correct the problem. Treatment of severe injuries to your ankle can involve a wide range of surgery techniques. A common misconception many people suffering from ankle pain have is that – if they consult with a specialist – surgery will be recommended. This is not true because in most cases, a recommendation for ankle surgery is the last resort. There are many conservative treatments available at OCOrthopedic+ such as modifying footwear, ortho/inserts, bracing, boot, cast, physical therapy, injections, and medications.
Stellar Ankle Surgery
Treatment of severe injuries to your ankle can involve a wide range of surgery techniques.
- Tendon tear repairs
- Ligament tear repairs
- Open reduction and internal fixation on broken bones
Common Ankle Injuries and Conditions
Symptoms of ankle injuries/medical conditions include: pain, swelling, or mobility difficulty. Your ankles bear the weight of your entire body.
- Osteoarthritis is the degeneration of one or more of the joints in the ankle. When this condition occurs, cartilage and bone break down, resulting in inflammation.
- Sprained ankles occur when the ligaments that support the ankle become stretched or torn. This can occur as a result of twisting the ankle in a fall – or even stepping the wrong way.
- Fractured ankles vary in severity. The ankle is made up of the tibia, fibula, and talus – which can all be fractured.
Ankle Surgery Options
When the Doctor deems it is necessary to operate, he will recommend either:
What Your Ankles Do
Your ankles help you:
Many injuries to the ankle can occur as a result of:
- Wear and tear
Ankle Surgery in Santa Ana, CA
As a stellar ankle specialist in Santa Ana, CA, Dr. Marans has the education and clinical experience to correct your injury.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Ankle Surgery Protocol
An experienced ankle surgeon begins with a precise diagnosis.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
- Non-surgical therapies
- Surgical remedies
Stellar Ankle Specialist in Santa Ana CA
OCOrthopedic+ is a leader in foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care and rehabilitation post-surgery.
The Doctor’s mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner. Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans, please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.