Treatment of severe injuries to your ankle can involve a wide range of surgery techniques when physical therapy or other conservative treatment fails to heal. Dr. Howard Marans provides the best surgery skills to correct ankle injuries before they worsen.
A common misconception many people suffering from ankle pain have is that – if they consult with a specialist – surgery will be recommended. This is not true because in most cases, a recommendation for ankle surgery is the last resort. There are many conservative treatments available at OCOrthopedic+ such as modifying footwear, ortho/inserts, bracing, boot, cast, physical therapy, injections, and medications.
Treatment of severe injuries to your ankle can involve a wide range of surgery techniques.
- Tendon tear repairs
- Ligament tear repairs
- Open reduction and internal fixation on broken bones
Common Ankle Injuries and Conditions
Symptoms of ankle injuries/medical conditions include: pain, swelling, or mobility difficulty. Your ankles bear the weight of your entire body.
- Osteoarthritis is the degeneration of one or more of the joints in the ankle. When this condition occurs, cartilage and bone break down, resulting in inflammation.
- Sprained ankles occur when the ligaments that support the ankle become stretched or torn. This can occur as a result of twisting the ankle in a fall – or even stepping the wrong way.
- Fractured ankles vary in severity. The ankle is made up of the tibia, fibula, and talus – which can all be fractured.
>Ankle Surgery Options
When the Doctor deems it is necessary to operate, he will recommend either:
What Your Ankles Do for You
Your ankles help you:
Many injuries to the ankle can occur as a result of:
- Wear and tear
Best Ankle Surgery in Santa Ana, CA
Dr. Marans has the education and clinical experience to correct your injury.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Ankle Surgery Protocol
An experienced ankle surgeon begins with a precise diagnosis.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
- Non-surgical therapies
- Surgical remedies
Best Ankle Specialist in Santa Ana CA
OCOrthopedic+ is a leader in foot and ankle surgery. Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care and rehabilitation post-surgery.
The Doctor’s mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner. Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans, please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.