If the pain in your hand has intensified to the point of disrupting your quality of life – it is time to consult with a specialist. Delaying treatment for persistent hand pain can lead to the formation of scar tissue. This will then lead to radiating pain in your arm and shoulder. According to Dr. Howard Marans of OCOrthopedic+, if physical therapy and other conservative treatments fail to alleviate your hand pain, surgery may be recommended.
Hand Surgery in Santa Ana, CA
As a highly recommended hand surgeon in Santa Ana, CA, Dr. Howard Marans of OCOrthopedic+ has the education and clinical experience to accurately diagnose and treat the underlying cause of your pain.
- Orthopedic Residency at the University of Toronto
- Fellowship at Toronto’s Orthopedic and Arthritic Hospital
- The Doctor completed his Sports Medicine studies at the Royal Adelaide Hospital in South Australia
Common causes of wrist pain:
- Everyday wear and tear and/or overuse of the hands and wrists
- The natural aging process
- Sports-related injuries
- Common medical conditions
Symptoms of Hand Pain
- Hot Sensation
- Cold Sensation
- Finger Pain
Common Medical Conditions Resulting in Hand Pain
After a thorough physical examination and diagnostic imaging, an accurate cause of the underlying medical problem will be rendered by Dr. Marans.
Some common medical conditions causing wrist pain are:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ulnar Tunnel Syndrome
- Wrist Sprain
- Wrist and Hand Fractures
- Finger Fractures
- Nerve Damage
- Clinical experience and excellence
- Cost-effective surgical treatment
- Compassionate care
- Rapid and permanent recovery
Wrist Pain Treatment Protocol
An experienced hand specialist begins for a precise diagnosis of the cause of pain.
- Medical history
- Patient history of activity
- Physical examination
Highly Recommended Hand Doctor in Santa Ana, CA
OCOrthopedic+ is a leader in hand care. We provide every patient with an individualized treatment plan. Each patient is unique and their special needs and concerns must be incorporated into treatment. Dr. Howard Marans has over 20 years of providing his patients with whole body care.
Our mission is to treat all patients in a professional, timely manner. Optimal outcomes depend on:
- Accurate diagnosis of the cause of pain
- Complete explanation of treatment options
- Assessing every patient’s expectations from treatment
- Precise execution of treatment plan – open reduction/internal fixation surgery or arthroscopic surgery
To schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Howard Marans, please click the icon below – or – call 714.979.8981.