The shoulder is a remarkable part of the human body. The flexibility of the shoulder allows a person to rotate the arm into various positions which may make the area may be more susceptible to injury. A shoulder injury can limit range of motion and have a negative influence on daily living. Finding the best orthopedic specialist to repair and restore function to the shoulder is critical to returning to normal daily activities.
Reviews of Shoulder Surgeons
- Check with your primary care physician or other health care professional for referrals.
- In some situations, a referral from a health care professional will be the only way the medical insurance will cover the appointment and surgery.
- Ask your insurance provider for referral.
- If the surgeon is out of network for health care coverage, the out of pocket costs could be higher.
- Ask friends, family members, and co-workers for referrals.
- Contact OC Orthopedic+
Online Shoulder Surgeon Reviews
The Internet is an amazing resource tool with numerous online databases to check out shoulder surgeon reviews. As a potential patient, take the time to research surgeons within your area who specialize in shoulder surgery.
- Research the local databases, online review sites, and statewide review sites
- Research the American Academy of orthopedic Surgeons
- Research the American Medical Association
Credentials to Search
Take the time to read the shoulder surgeon reviews and focus on the credentials that are the most important for a potential patient. Begin with the surgeon’s background information, including:
- Education and medical degrees
- Credentials and specialized training
- Board certifications
- Experience in area of shoulder surgery
- Area hospitals where the surgeon is associated.
In the Orange County area – Dr. Howard Marans – is one specialist who is always at the top of shoulder surgeon reviews and referrals lists. Dr. Marans serves the entire Southern California area.
Dr. Marans has over 30 years of experience providing each patient individualized attention. Dr. Marans always begins with a complete medical history, physical examination, and sophisticated diagnostic testing, providing an accurate diagnosis.
Upon receiving the accurate diagnosis, Dr. Marans will proceed with the best course of treatment option. Your treatment options may begin with non-surgical methods – Physical Therapy – before proceeding with surgery. Dr. Marans is dedicated to giving patients an optimal outcome to aid in getting back to a normal, active lifestyle. Please click below to schedule your consultation or call us at 714.979.8981.